A HOWTO on installing Adobe Flash Player via RPM provided by Adobe.
1. Go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer
2. If you’re using Chrome, like I am, you’ll get the prompt shown. I purposefully waited a bit so that you’d know what you were looking at. If you’re not using Chrome, you’ll see the combobox displayed at the bottom of the page.
3. Scroll down to the combobox, click on it, and select the RPM variant. Once that’s selected, click the Download Now button. The RPM will download (I’ve already downloaded it so I don’t click on it here).
4. Open a terminal and navigate to the directory where the RPM is located. In my case, it’s ~/Downloads/rpm.
5. As root, use yum localinstall [name-of-flash-player-rpm]